Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Dentist

Woohoo! Ellie had her first dentist appointment last week. She did awesome! She was nervous about going at first so I made the appointment at the office where our neighbor, Mrs. Robyn, works. Ellie felt a lot better knowing that Mrs. Robyn could walk with her back there even though I could not. Parents are not allowed back with the kids. Did I mention Ellie was an awesome, big, brave girl! She gave me a hug, grabbed her blanket (in case she was scared) and took Robyn's hand. Ellie did everything she was told to do. They brushed her teeth with flouride, checked for cavities (there were none!), etc. The only thing Ellie did not want to do was the suction. So, instead she "swished and spit" (those were Ellie's exact words accompanied by a demonstration). I am so proud of her. She received treasures from the treasure box at the dentist office and even a special prize from me when we got home. Did I mention how awesome she was???

I had some great pictures to post of the experience, courtesy of Mrs. Robyn, but they accidently got deleted from the camera. They were really cute of her sitting in the dentist's chair with a big smile showing off her new clean teeth!

No comments: