Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Daddy's Girl


I was always a Daddy's girl and so it is no surprise to me that Ellie is becoming one, too. Yesterday, it became clear to me the bond that she is forming with CJ. I picked her up from daycare and, as usual, she was extremely excited to see me. She immediately dropped her toy, looked at her teacher and very loudly said, "buh bye" and then she ran into my arms. I loved it!! We put her toy away, gathered up her things and started walking out to the car. As we were walking I asked her if she had fun and she nodded her head yes. Then she looked around and then looked at me and said, "Dada?". I told her that Daddy was still at work and that he would be home soon. She seemed satisfied with this answer and then continued to babble on. Whatever she was saying made her laugh and laugh.

We were barely in the door and taking off her jacket when she looked up at the top of the stairs and yelled, "DADA!" very loudly. When no one responded, she looked at me and said, "Dada?". I again told her that he would be home in a little while and that he was still at work. Again, she seemed satisfied with that answer. We went and ate dinner, played and took a bath. Every once in a while she would ask again where CJ was. As the evening went on, Ellie began to get more and more tired. At 715, she got in bed with me and was quietly playing with her books and her baby and then she put her head in my lap and just sort of layed their. Her eyes were so heavy and she would start to drift off to sleep. Then she would sit up and look at me and say, "Dada?". At this point, CJ was on his way home and so I told her that Daddy was coming. She put her head down again in my lap. This happened a few more times until he finally came in at 730. She shot straight up and stood up on the bed and reached out for him as he came into the door. She practically leaped into his arms. She gave him the biggest hug I've ever seen her give. She had a huge smile on her face and actually seemed to wake up a little. They bonded for a few minutes and then she got sleepy again and was in bed by 8. She just had to stay awake long enough to see her Daddy.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

AWWWWW! That is SO cute!! She looks so grown up in the picture!

Sa