
The other night, Ellie let us rock her in the rocking chair. It has been a really long time since she let us do that. We used to do it all the time when she was smaller, before she could wiggle around. It was nice that she let us do it the other night. CJ and I both took turns rocking with her and reading to her.
I couldn’t help but think of her when she was newborn as I watched the two of them rock in the chair. I remember when she was in the hospital and how hard it was to rock her. How could it be so difficult to rock a little 8 lb baby? It wasn’t all the wires that she was hooked up to (although that did make it difficult), it was the fact that she was so tiny. I remember trying so hard to find the best way to hold her and nurse her and rock her.
Now, as I watched her rock with her Daddy, I couldn’t believe that this was the same little girl. At 18 months old, she looks like such a little kid. She was interacting with CJ as they turned the pages of her little book. He would make the different sounds and she would try really hard to repeat them or she would simply laugh at her silly Daddy. We sure have come a long way since those newborn days.
2 comments:
Jen and C.J.,
Your little girl is precious. Thanks for setting up the blog. Being so far away makes it difficult to keep up with such a growing girl! With regards to reminiscing (sp?) about her new born days, since you made such a beautiful baby, maybe it is time for another?:)
Love,
Cousin Lisa
CJ, digging the Georgia shirt! :)
Post a Comment