Plans. Nothing ever goes according to the plan. The plan for today was to wake up, eat breakfast, pack the car and head over to my best friend, Jacki's house. We were going to spend the day and night with her and her family. But as the morning went by, I didn't hear from her. I finally touched base and she was a nervous wreck. Her AC was not working and she wasn't sure what to do. She obviously needed to take care of it, but didn't want to miss out on the visit with us. So, after talking to CJ, we decided to go over there anyway. He's a pretty handy guy (I'm very lucky!)and said he would look at it. It should have been an easy fix. Anyway, Jacki and her daughter, Hailey and Ellie and Max and I had a great visit while we put CJ hard to work. Poor guy--he installed a ceiling fan for Jacki, but never could get the AC working. I know this isn't really what he wants to do on his vacation, but somehow he always ends up doing it. He has put up surround sound for his Step Dad, ceiling fans and Thermostats for his Dad and countless projects for my parents. Like I said, he's a handy guy!
It's not all bad though. We did manage to have a great visit with Jacki. I absolutely love her daughter, Hailey. I can't believe that it has been 2 years since I last saw Jacki. I was still pregnant with Max back then. We will definitely have to get together again. Hopefully, we will manage to visit again on Sunday when we drive back through town.
As for us, we are headed to Orlando on Sunday morning. Yay!! I hope the weather is ok. So far, the weather here in Jax has been slowly declining. Friday it was sunny and in the upper 80's. Yesterday was pretty drizzly. I think I heard something about a tropical storm or depression or something off the coast. Just our luck!!








1 comment:
Looks like you are having a great time! I hope Faye does not dump too much rain on you but there are still plenty of fun things to do at Disney even when it is raining :)zkqgm
Post a Comment