Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Our Vacation: Day 4

Monday got off to a rocky start. Max woke up with pink eye!! Or at least the beginning stages. I called our pediatrician right at 8 and had her call in a prescription. Under ordinary circumstances, I would not have brought Max out to play, but we kept going with our plan. So we headed off to Epcot. We ate lunch with Mickey Mouse, Pluto, and Chip and Dale. Ellie was a little nervous at first, but she got over it pretty quickly. I asked her why she was scared of Mickey and she said, "Mommy, I'm not scared, I'm just a little bit shy". She warmed up by the end of the meal--as long as I was next to her. She still won't give hugs, but she's an expert at giving high fives!

This trip is Ellie's birthday trip, although her birthday is actually a month away. When we booked the trip, we told the Disney people that we were celebrating her birthday. When we booked the reservation for lunch, the Disney people told the restaurant. They surprised Ellie (and us) by bringing her a cupcake with a candle and a card signed by all the characters. She was soooo excited!
.
We didn't do too much yesterday. We rode the ride, Soarin', which Ellie thought was a lot of fun and went through a character meet n' greet. We walked around a bunch, but didn't want to stand in too many lines. Plus, Max started to get fussy, so we went back to the hotel. The kids rested a bit and then had fun in the pool.

No comments: